Monday, July 8, 2013

Day of Reckoning

Day of Reckoning

I need to know that people like you
Are walking the earth,
I’ve watched everything you’ve done
Since childbirth;

I’ve watched you over the years
Grow more and more,
More beautiful with each passing year
Then you were the year before;

You’ve now become my Rosebud
And our time is drawing near,
Where I can lose all inhibitions
And overcome my fear;

My fear that you’ll reject me
‘Cause I love you oh so much,
I long to hold you
And feel your tender touch;

You’ve done so much for me
A debt I can never repay,
But I am willing to try
Until my dying day;

I’ve watched and I’ve waited
Year after year,
And Rosebud I am waiting patiently
As our day of reckoning comes oh so near;

You are such a kindred spirit
It’s so torturous to wait,
If anyone has had an unattainable love
I know they can relate;

They know the torture that I live
Each and every day,
With this unrequited love
It’s for you that I pray;

For me it will be over soon
As the angels watch from above,
When I can finally give my Rosebud

My undying love.

No comments:

Post a Comment